Summer is in full swing as Father’s Day approaches, and that means family, food, and fun. It also means that we need to find some creative ways to keep health & fitness a priority even among the festivities.
Sure, you could present Dad with a tie or some new socks (boooooring) for Father’s Day…
But why not make him a special, healthy meal instead?
From donuts to lamb chops and everything in between, these healthy recipes are guaranteed to leave him feeling satisfied and appreciated (and they taste so good he won’t even know they’re healthy!).
I asked on our Facebook page what is ONE food that a special father in your life just can’t live without. I got some great emails and responses back with some family favorites that needed a healthy twist.
So without further ado, here are some Fit Father’s Day Menu Ideas:
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Veggie Loaded Quiche
- Healthy Baked Donuts (lots of flavors that dad is SURE to LOVE!)
- Guilt Free Grill Recipes: Lamb Chops, Chicken Breasts, Pork Tenderloin & Grilled Peaches
- Burgers & Jicama Fries (great with BACON)
- Healthy Chicken Bruschetta
- Coconut Flour & Squash Brownies!
- Gluten & Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies (just 4 ingredients!)
- Protein Peanut Butter Milkshake
To all the dads out there, THANK YOU for providing for us, protecting us and for loving us the way that you do!